Social media has become an important channel for businesses to connect with their customers and potential customers. Many healthcare organizations have used social media to increase awareness, drive engagement with current patients, and attract new patients. As such, healthcare marketing managers are spending more time thinking about leveraging social media as a tool for their organization’s marketing strategy. One of the most popular tools that many hospitals and other healthcare providers have begun using is social media analytics.
What is Social Media Analytics?
Social media analytics is a service that allows businesses to track and measure their social media efforts. Unlike traditional analytics, which typically focuses on website traffic, social media analytics are designed to provide insights into engagement, audience demographics, and content performance. Social media analytics are often integrated with various social media management platforms to offer more in-depth analysis and reporting on social media campaigns.
Why is Social Media Analytics Important for Healthcare?
Social media has become a significant source of information for individuals. As more people turn to social media for health-related information, healthcare providers need to monitor their social media channels to identify potential patient issues and engage in authentic and timely ways. Using social media analytics to track engagement, you can determine when there are upticks in social media engagement related to your organization.
You can then respond to these posts promptly to inform and reassure an easy patient journey. Social media analytics can also help you track and measure campaign performance. You can use social media analytics to identify areas for improvement or success and make changes to your strategy as necessary. Improving engagement on your posts and increasing the volume of posts can help to increase the impact of your campaign.
How Can Healthcare Organizations Benefit from Using Social Media Analytics?
The benefits of social media analytics go beyond tracking social media engagement and reach. Social media analytics can also help healthcare organizations to:
- Plan effective social media campaigns- When you know the metrics that you’re trying to improve through your social media activities, you can create campaigns and activities that will have the most impact. Social media analytics provides data that can help you develop a social media strategy to maximize your efforts.
- Identify opportunities to improve- Social media analytics provides insight into your current metrics and helps you to identify opportunities to improve your impact. You can use the data to identify which social media activities are most successful, which are least successful, and which have room for growth.
- Manage multiple social media channels- With the growing popularity of social media channels, it’s important to have a presence on many different platforms. Social media analytics provides insight into the performance of all of your social media activities, allowing you to manage your channels effectively.
- Track the progress of social media activities over time- By using social media analytics, you can track the progress of your social media activities over time to assess how effective they are at increasing engagement and driving new patient leads for a successful patient journey.
3 Healthcare Marketing Organizational Practices That Help With Analytics
There are a few practices that healthcare organizations can adopt to make social media analytics more effective:
- Choose the right social media channels- There are many social media channels available, and all of them are not created equal. It’s important to choose the most relevant channels for your organization and ensure that your strategy includes activities on each platform.
- Be consistent- Using social media consistently over time will help to grow your audience. It’s important to be consistent with your posts and to provide timely, relevant content.
- Be authentic- It’s important to be authentic when posting on social media. Marketers who try to use social media as a sales channel will not receive the results that they are looking for. Instead, healthcare organizations should focus on providing valuable content to people who are interested in the healthcare industry.
Social media analytics can be an important tool for healthcare organizations. However, using social media analytics effectively requires that you first identify your objectives and then select the appropriate tools to track progress. Social media analytics can help healthcare marketers to plan effective campaigns, identify opportunities for improvement, manage multiple channels, and track the progress of their efforts over time.